Friday, March 09, 2007

Want to stay at MU.... but play in Spain one day



..."You can never be
certain of anything in life, In football there are
no guarantees...But I am happyand want to stay here.



Manchester United and negotiating a new deal at Old Trafford, despite continuing reports linking him with a move to Spain. "We have talked and I hope to reach an agreement as soon as possible," Ronaldo, 22, told radio station Antena1. "I would like to stay, but nothing has been decided yet."

Ronaldo, who set up United's solitary goal for Henrik Larsson in Wednesday evening's UEFA Champions League win over Lille with an electric run and cross, admitted that he admires the Spanish game - but that a move there is some way off.

"Everyone knows that I love Spain," he said. "I would like to play in Spain one day. However I am happy here at Manchester. If I don't leave now, if I leave in two, three, four, five years, I would be happy. I am at a great club."

He sounded a note of caution to the Red Devils' hierarchy however.

"You can never be certain of anything in life," he warned. "In football there are no guarantees. But as I said, I am happy and I want to stay here."

United assistant boss Carlos Quieroz praised Ronaldo added that he is hopeful that the star will sign on for years to come - and said he is not worried by the overtures coming out of Madrid and Barcelona.

"He is more mature and makes better decisions now, he is faster and efficient," he said. "We are waiting to see if he will continue to give this to us in the future. All great players are sought after by the big clubs and therefore for them to desire Cristiano Ronaldo is exactly the same as us wanting to sign other players."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com