Sunday, March 25, 2007

CR double as Portugal crush Belgium 4-0




Get Your Rudebox!!


Winger Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice as Portugal crushed Belgium 4-0 in their Euro 2008 qualifier in Group A on Saturday. Two goals in the space of two minutes paved the way for Portugal's victory, with Nuno Gomes breaking the deadlock in the 52nd minute and Ronaldo getting his first of the night almost immediately afterwards with a header.

Ricardo Quaresma added the third in the 68th minute before Ronaldo completed a rout which left the Euro 2004 hosts in a promising position in their group.

Poland are top on 13 points, having played a game more, after trouncing Azerbaijan 5-0. Finland are second on 11 points, while Portugal moved up to third on 10. Serbia, who also have 10 points, lost 2-1 to Kazakhstan on Saturday.

The goalkeeper apologize to me
“I went to shake hands with Belgian goalkeeper at the end and he has apologized for what has happened. I understand players try to intimidate me, but I'm used to it. I didn’t felt they were more or less malicious. I think both teams did well, aggressive, and the most important thing was our win.
The team started second half with more determination, we managed to score in the first minutes, Belgium opened up and with that the opportunity to score more goals, which eventually happened."

About Deco and Simão absence
"They are part of this group, they are very important, but those who play are the ones who always get people’s attention and support."

About the possible nomination to be considered world’s best player
"I have been working to play well. This season I’m in great shape and feel mature. Those who play by my side in Manchester and in the national team have been helping me out. Of course I want to be one of the best players."

Read more...

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com