Friday, February 09, 2007

"I don't want to leave"



"I'm happy here and want to continue. I don't want to leave here (Old Trafford). I've been here for a while and every year I try to get better and better....."Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed he has told his agent Jorge Mendes that he is keen to stay at Manchester United. But at the same time, he thinks he is attracted to football in Spain.

22-year-old Ronaldo, who is being persistently linked with Barcelona, said: “I've got a contract with United (until 2010). If they speak to anyone it's my agent, not me. I told my agent I'm happy here and want to continue.”

But Ronaldo also admitted that the kind of football played in Spain, is attracting him. It's a kind of football in Spain that attracts me, but at the moment, I don't want to leave here (Old Trafford). I've been here for a while and every year I try to get better and better,” he felt.

“I've had to adapt to the culture, the football, the life and I think I've adapted well. It's more or less what I expected to happen. I'm enjoying my career here. We've got a good lead in the Premiership and the chances of winning the league this year are great.

“Chelsea are a great team, but we're on the right path. We're playing good football, we've been the consistent team and if things continue that way we can win the championship. My dream of winning the league is very much alive,” he declared.

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com