Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Most beautiful day




Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo has described winning the Ballon d'Or as one of the 'most beautiful' days of his life.

The Red Devils winger was officially confirmed as the 2008 winner, ahead of the likes of Lionel Messi and Fernando Torres, in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

Ronaldo was the clear winner after finishing 165 points ahead of Barcelona superstar Messi, with Liverpool's Torres a further 102 points behind the Argentina forward.

The Portugal international was in irresistible form for United last season, netting an impressive 42 times, and the 23-year-old is left with no doubt that his goals tally played a key role in helping win the award.

"It is one of the most beautiful days of my life. To gain this trophy is something I dreamed of as a child," he told France Football.

"Great emotion fills me but I cannot really describe it.

"I want to thank those who voted for me, those who know me and those who live with me.

"I was not worried, because I was aware of what I did in the course of the season.

"But to the people who mentioned my name, I say thank you. Thank you also to my team-mates.

"This (trophy) is one that I want to win again because it is so good. Therefore, I will wake and I will say to myself, 'I want to be even better'."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com