Sunday, December 21, 2008

Focused on final


Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed his determination to win the Club World Cup, whilst reiterrating his desire to remain at Old Trafford.

The winger headed United's second goal in the 5-3 victory over Gamba Osaka on Thursday to set up a meeting with Liga de Quito in Sunday's final.

The build-up to the Reds' opening game in Japan was dominated by claims that Ronaldo will be joining Real Madrid next summer after United had reportedly shaken hands on a deal with the Spaniards.

Ronaldo was keen to distance himself from the ongoing speculation, preferring to focus on United's quest to be world champions.

"I don't care what people are saying,” he said. “I have not read it. I am here in Japan and I know nothing about what is going on around me. But I am very happy playing for Manchester United.

"We are all looking forward to Sunday's final and I think we have a great chance.

"I really want to win this trophy after the year I have had. Not just for me, but for United. Maybe most of the players won’t have another opportunity to win this trophy in their career, so it's very important to us.

"No other British team has won it and we want to be the first to do that. And I believe it will give us extra motivation to win the Champions League and Premier League again."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com