Monday, December 01, 2008

Misunderstanting ? Learn a good lession

Cristiano Ronaldo was incredulous when he saw the referee Howard Webb showing him the second yellow card and subsequent red card on the 68th minute of the game with the City.

The Portuguese was deployed in explanations in the court's departure, claiming think that the game had been interrupted, but nothing worthed. The truth is that Cristiano Ronaldo even heard a whistle and according to that, quite simply, gave up to head the ball.

"Rooney hit the corner, I jumped and that was when I heard was a scream from Richards (City's defense)and at the same time the sound of a whistle," said Cristiano Ronaldo to Gestifute Media. "At that moment I was convinced that the referee had signaled the foult, so I quit to head the ball and, possibly of scoring a goal, and grabbed the ball, so as to allow Richards to be assisted."

That gesture was the most innocent possible and with the best of intentions, because the Portuguese international was fully convinced that the game was interrumpted, but that gesture only had consequences "I never thought that the referee would show me the yellow card because, for me, I had done nothing wrong, quite the contrary: after the scream of Richards I thought he was hurt and needing to be assisted, "says the best player in the world.

"That I heard a whistle I heard, so I took the initiative to stop the move," he adds. Only then Cristiano Ronaldo realized what had happened. "I saw that the referee wanted to talk to me, but then, perhaps influenced by the fans, eventually lead to hand the pocket and expellled me. I tried to explain to him what had happened, but at the time he didn't even wanted to hear me. "

Cristiano Ronaldo ended up expelled at 22 minutes from the end, will miss the game in the Carling Cup this Wednesday (quarter-finals, with the Blackburn Rovers), and his only joy was "a good game of United and important victory" achieved in ground of the City. "We hold the result even with ten units and it was undoubtedly important."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com