Friday, July 17, 2009

PC in Dublin



Cristiano Ronaldo gave a press conference and shared his impressions on his first days as a Madridista. The Portuguese star said the entire team is doing a good job.

Michel Salgado said you are as fast as a plane. What did you do in your holidays?
I rested a lot. It makes me very happy to receive such praise from Michel because he is used to playing with great footballers. I didn't do any specific workouts during my holidays.

What do you think of Manchester City's new project? Have you been tempted by them at times?
Never. Manchester City is a great team. It has great players, but that's not my problem. It is rather United's, Chelsea's and Arsenal's problem. I am a Real Madrid player and all I should worry about is preparing with my team.

What have you talked to Pellegrini about these days?
We are working together and getting to know each other. I will not reveal what our conversations were about, but they have been typical of those between a player and his coach. I hope to keep up the good relationship we have.

How important is your signing after the great investment the Club has made in you?
The season is obviously very important. The Club has made a great investment and we all have to do our best. We have a great chance because we've got excellent players.

Are the physical workouts different here?
I had never trained three times in one day, but I think it's a good thing because we do both physical and ball exercises. The difference really lies in the fact that these are different but equally good players.

Do you think everything you are seeing is normal?
I don't find it strange. I think's it's normal for the press to ask questions and I'm here to answer them.

Was it hard to leave Manchester United for Real Madrid?
It wasn't easy. I arrived at ManU when I was 18 years old. I won many collective and individual accolades in six years. This is a great challenge, but I am a man who likes challenges.

How are the captains up-close?
My first impression was very good. All of the captains and members of the squad gave we a warm welcome. I am very haappy and I will try to do my best. I am happy and motivated. I feel great on this squad.

Who has surprised you the most on the pitch?
They all have. They are all training very well, but you always end up having a greater understanding with some more than with others. Guti is training hard, and so are the rest. The entire group is in phenomenal form and we will keep this up.

There are many players fighting for the same spot. Could that tarnish the atmosphere?
It's a hard job for the coach, but we all respect each other. Competition is good. I am proud and very happy for being part of this group of players.

What chances has the team got to win titles?
We must think about winning it all; that's what Real Madrid is used to. We have great players and a fantastic coach.

You'll face Shamrock Rovers on Monday. What do you know of them?
I honestly don't know anything. I would like to play the game. I'm sure it will be a good match. It will be good for us at this stage.

Who are you more anxious to play next to?
With everyone. It's hard to choose because they are all frankly good. It's hard to pick out of so many quality players. Pellegrini will have to decide.

Barcelona signed Maxwell for 4.5 millon euuros. How does a 95-million signing regard that?
Very well. I think quality has nothing to do with the price each player has. Maxwell is a great player, but I'm not interested in Barcelona's signings. I'm focused on Real Madrid and on preparing for the season.

Do you prefer the Spanish or the English press?[/]
The English are very good and the Spaniards 'fantasticos' (laughs). I understand the job the press does, just like I do mine. Some focus on my personal life, but I'm not worried about that. I will always be the same guy.

Were you surprised by Manchester United's singing of Michael Owen and the fact that he now has the number '7' shirt? Could that have a negative impact on him?
Owen is an experienced player and I don't think the pressure will affect him. He is a great footballer who has played for many of the most important teams in the world. I think ManU did well in giving him the number '7' shirt.

Are you excited about facing Barcelona after what happened in the Champions League final?
I want to face them, but I am also excited about playing against the other teams. The season is very long and winning against Barcelona but losing to the rest amounts to nothing.

Do you regard yourself as a 'galactico' or as the best player on the squad?
I'm just another player who's here to help Real Madrid. That's all. I'm the same as the rest, neither better nor worse. In order to win titles we must make a collective effort. I don't like the term 'galactico'.

Do you think failing to win La Liga or the Champions League could turn the investment Real Madrid made in you into a failure?
We will win, but if we don't the entire squad will be to blame. I won't be just me. I think we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. We have a great team and we will fight to achieve great things.

What have you most liked since you joined the team?
I didn't expect the atmosphere on the squad to be so good because people many times say that it isn't. I loved how I was welcomed onto the team.

Do you prefer to play as a winger or as a striker?
I've lately been playing as a striker, but I prefer to be a winger. I won't mind being a striker if that's what the coach wants.

How has the change from ManU to Real Madrid been like?
My life has always been based on challenges. I left Lisboa when I was 18 years old to join ManU when I could have waited a bit longer. I am happy about starting a new stage in my career at Real Madrid now.

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com