Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Cover Boy






You signed a new deal last month; how pleased are you about that?
I am pleased that everything is sorted now. I beliieve i am at the right club and i am really happy here. The big reason I wanted to stay is to win trophyies and because im enjoying playing in this team. The spirit is amazing at this club and everyone is playing with confidence.

How do you manage to cope with all the speculation?
I dont think about it, I have spoken to David Gill, the gaffer and my agent and everything is OK. The media can say what they want, its normal. But the boss knows that I want to stay here. The deal is done now and everything is complete, I want people to know that i want to stay.

What do you think has been the big difference in everything coming together for you this season?
Every season i try to improve and I have learned alot this season, but i think playing alongside the great players like Giggsy, Scholesy and Wayne [Rooney] has made me a better player. I am more consistent and i understand the game alot better. I am only 22 but i feel much more mature now.

You took alot of critisism after the World Cup. Did that make you more focused?
It helped. There were times when it was difficult bit it helped me learn and it is better to learn when you are young. I gained alot from the World cup and it made me stronger mentally when i came back. I knew it would be difficult but I said to myself "I am ready for this" and i just wanted to do my best.

How did you cope with all the flak?
Some of it wasnt very nice but i never saw it as a problem. The opinion of the UNited fans was most important for me and they have been amazing this season, not just towards me but the whole team. It's a special feeling to have all those supporters behind you and it is why they are the best supporters in the world.

How have Sir Alex and Carlos Queiroz helped your game?
The boss and carlos have been great with me. It is good to have carlos here because he speaks my language. But sir alex always supports me, too. He has helped me more than i could ask him to. I am at this club for him and because of him.

You get alot of freedom to express your skills on the pitch here...
I always want to express myself on the pitch and sir alex gives me the opportunity and encouragement to do that. He says to me "Cristiano do what you do best-use your skills" He gives me big confidence to use my skills to create goals.

The manager has been joking with you-even betting with you-about getting more goals;what has made the difference this term?
This season i have tried to get into the box more, to be more direct. I have also tried to have more shots on goal and this is the reason i have scored more goals. The bet is not really serious, but everyone talks about it alot!

You've scored plenty of good goals this season, which is your favourite?
I was really pleased with the one against fulham. I think it was a great goal. BUt what i like best about it was that it was an important goal for the team because it came in the last few moments of the game and we won.

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com