Thursday, May 03, 2007

Cantona : CR just like me



Eric Cantona is backing Cristiano Ronaldo to fire Manchester United past AC Milan in tonight's Champions League semifinal.

Old Trafford legend Cantona said: "Ronaldo wasn't scoring goals last year. You had the feeling that side did not interest him. Something was missing. He has been scoring since then and is another player - a world-class one."

Cantona sees the Portuguese winger as a fitting heir to the No 7 shirt. The Frenchman added: "If I had a 51 per cent chance of scoring, I tried. If the team had the 51 per cent chance, I passed the ball.

"Ronaldo and me are not very far from one another on that level. But we are different in style - he carries the ball more."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com