Monday, October 01, 2007

"My best is yet to come"


After netting United's winner against Birmingham City, Cristiano Ronaldo insisted his best form is yet to come. The winger's 52nd minute solo effort was his second goal of the campaign and gave United a fifth successive league victory.

Ronaldo, who bagged 23 goals last season, has been happy with his recent form, but said he is yet to hit top gear.

"My form is coming," he told MUTV. "I always try to work hard in training and hopefully I will keep improving and more goals will come as well.

"But my main concern is the team - I think only about that. The most important thing in football is getting the three points and I was pleased we did that against Birmingham."

The 22-year-old admitted United rode their luck at times at St. Andrews, but still felt they deserved the win over Steve Bruce's side.

"It was a very tough game against a good team. They created a few difficult moments for us, but thankfully we managed to keep them out," he said.

"We didn't play as well as we can, but sometimes you can win matches without playing well.

"Our good football is coming. We have great players at the club and great staff and we will improve."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com