Wednesday, October 17, 2007

CR Relishing Portuguese Captaincy





Cristiano Ronaldo will inherit the Portugual captain's armband from Nuno Gomes tonight as the Selecção das Quinas travel to face Kazakhstan, but insists that the responsibility holds no fear for him...

Cristiano Ronaldo will don the Portuguese captain's armband tonight as his country takes on Kazakhstan in Almaty this evening, but seems entirely unfazed by the responsibility.

"I don't feel any sort of pressure," he shrugged.

"The only pressure I feel is that of winning, and to do the shirt justice with a fine performance."

The 22 year old striker has been in fine form for club and country over the past year, suggesting that he will be a key influence in Kazakhstan this evening.

Nonetheless, he claims that his powers depend partially on his various dressing room superstitions.

"I always undergo the same routine," he said of his pre-match rituals.

"Once the coach reveals the lineup, I take a ball into the dressing room and start juggling it.

"It's fun, and it helps relieve any tension that I have in the buildup to the match.

"And like many footballers, I have superstitions. For example, I must always step onto the pitch with my right foot first at the start of a game."

Cristiano has 51 caps for Portugal.

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com