Saturday, April 14, 2007

CR signs new deal



Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed terms with Cristiano Ronaldo on a new five-year contract keeping him at the club until at least June 2012.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: “It is fantastic news, it emphasises the point that Cristiano is happy here and that he is at the right club.

"He has a great relationship with the team, staff and the fans and he will go on to be one of Manchester United’s great players.”

Cristiano added: “I am delighted. I spoke with Sir Alex and David Gill about my future and everyone knew that I wanted to stay. "I am very happy at the club. I want to win trophies and hopefully we'll do that this season."


Ronaldo: I can do it all at Man Utd




Get Your Rudebox!!

After penning his new five-year contract, Cristiano Ronaldo declared he could achieve everything he wanted at Manchester United.

"I wanted to stay," he told MUTV. "I am at the right club and this is why I signed.

"Everything is okay here. I am happy with my colleagues, my friends and my coaches.

"The supporters have also helped me very much and I am really happy here."

With an impressive 20 goals to his name this term, Ronaldo has been the major driving force behind United's Treble bid.

He scored twice in the midweek Champions League rout of Roma and will tomorrow hope to guide the Red Devils into the FA Cup final at the expense of Premiership basement boys Watford.

Yet, despite the host of accolades coming his way, the youngster admits he still has plenty of improving to do.

"I was only 18 when I came here but everyone at the club has helped me," he said.

"I have learned a lot already but I still have more to learn and I just want to keep going.

"I want to win more trophies here and hopefully, I can do that this season."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com