Sunday, January 07, 2007

2007 is going to be my big year

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo believes he has a good chance of winning the Footballer of the Year award this season. The Portuguese international has been in stunning form for the Red Devils, although Chelsea's Didier Drogba is rivalling him for the gong.

"Drogba appears very convinced about winning the top awards but it's not always the goals that decide these things," Ronaldo was quoted as saying in the News of the World. If he wins I shall congratulate him because I am a good sport. But when we talk about the best player of 2006/07 I sincerely believe that I am a good option.

"My objective is to score more goals to help United and not to enter into a war with Drogba. That would be madness - I always search for success for the team. And I warn you that I do desire to win many, many competitions. I repeat: 2007 is going to be my big year. First I want to win titles with United and after that personal gratitude from Europe and the world."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com