Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ronaldo denies Chelsea criticism

Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo is bemused as to how comments he never made have been used to stir up the passions ahead of the clash with Chelsea.

The exciting winger is disappointed to have read a story in The Sun which suggested he was mocking Chelsea for failing to improve despite the spectacular summer double swoop for Andriy Shevchenko and Michael Ballack.

It has led to Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard to hint that the champions will be even more fired up for the Old Trafford occasion in order to make Ronaldo eat his words. Yet the Portugal international is baffled as to the source of the original comments, which apparently was Zoo magazine.

"I didn't do an interview and I didn't say the things I have seen written," he told MUTV. "I respect Chelsea and everybody in their team. But I have my own ambitions for my own team and I hope to win on Sunday. I am enjoying myself a great deal. The team are playing well, which helps. I feel I am learning and improving every year."

"I am becoming more mature and more consistent. I understand what it means to play for Manchester United a lot more. I feel great and I want to keep it going." Ronaldo will have a key role to play against Chelsea at the weekend in what promises to be a white-hot atmosphere in Manchester.

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com