Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ronaldo born to entertain


Cool Slideshows

Cristiano Ronaldo says he was born with his ability and is on a mission to dazzle opposing defenders with his wizardry.

The flambouyant winger impressed while playing for his country in the World Cup as Portugal reached the semi-finals, but resisted the overtures of Europe's biggest clubs to stay with Manchester United.

Ronaldo relishes the big occasion and seems to perform better under pressure, a fact highlighted by the way he shrugged off opposition fans' boos to become one of this season's best early performers.

His apparent rift with Wayne Rooney now a thing of the past, the 21-year-old is now a major attacking force for the Red Devils and will be again when they do battle with Chelsea in Sunday's titanic Premiership clash at Old Trafford.

And what makes the former Sporting Lisbon hotshot even more dangerous to defenders is that he believes in his own ability to take people on and is always looking to improve. "The stepover is something I did as soon as I started playing football," he told the Manchester United Opus.

"I always tried to invent new dribbles, new moves. I was born with my ability. Things would come into my mind and I'd try them. When I was young we didn't have money for big presents but if I was given a ball I'd be happy."

Sir Alex Ferguson will be happy too if his prize asset can run Chelsea ragged and set up a win to take United six points clear of Jose Mourinho's side on Sunday.

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com