Tuesday, November 21, 2006

CR stalked by love-smitten fan


CRISTIANO Ronaldo has found the love of his life. The scary part is that it's not the pretty boy Manchester United winger saying this, but the woman who's stalking him. The panicking Portuguese star has revealed how he called United's security men when an obsessed female fan professing her love for him repeatedly turned up at his front door, reported The Sun.

The Dutch beauty had fallen for the ace while he was on a trip to Holland and followed him back to England on the same flight. Ronaldo, 21, said he heard the doorbell go at 6am and looked out of the window of his Cheshire home to see the stalker on his doorstep, recognising her from the plane.

He said: 'It was a Dutch girl who had come looking for me without any suitcases or anything and was going around asking people where I lived. She said that she had travelled especially to see me. According to the girl, when I went to Holland, she saw in my eyes that she was the love of my life. I told her to come back in the afternoon.'

'I spoke with her and with her mum on the phone. It was a very strange situation." He told Portuguese sports paper A Bola that the smitten fan was eventually persuaded to return to Holland. But two months later, she was back. Said Ronaldo : 'At that point I had to do something. I called the club's (United's) security and from that moment on I didn't hear anything more from her.'

It's not the first time the playboy footballer has made the headlines for his amorous activities. Last year the star was beset by rape allegations, after having met two French women in a nightclub and taking them back to his room at an exclusive London hotel. The player told police he had consensual sex with both. One of the women later returned to France and dropped her claims.

The 12 million ($35m) rated star, whose theatrics were instrumental in getting United team-mate Wayne Rooney sent off in the World Cup quarter-final, also said he had been a 'scapegoat' for England's defeat. But he insisted: 'It doesn't bother me too much. At the end of the day my country comes first and if it were today I'd do exactly the same thing.'

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com