Sunday, November 02, 2008

Cris : I'll win United fans over

Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo has vowed to win back fans at Old Trafford - for the second time in his career.The Portuguese forward was involved in a long-running transfer saga in the summer and was quoted saying he wanted to move to Real Madrid.

The 24-year-old eventually stayed at Old Trafford, and he has drawn parallels with the reaction he faced after the World Cup two years ago, where he was vilified for his part in Wayne Rooney's red card in England's quarter-final defeat.

He told the Sun: "A part of the supporters show themselves to be more unhappy than others. But I hope to change their minds.

"When I put on the United shirt I give my maximum. Nobody can condemn me on this.

"I hope it will be similar to when I came back to England after the 2006 World Cup and I can win the fans back."

United were critical of Madrid's approach and refused to sell their star asset, but Ronaldo insists it was his decision to stay.

"Nobody can convince me about anything," he continued. "Since I was young I've had to make decisions, I make them alone.

"I want to win more at this club. If the boss thinks I have to stay on the bench I respect that, even if it's difficult," he added.

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com