Monday, May 12, 2008

We're worthy champions


Cristiano Ronaldo believes United are worthy winners of the Premier League title, and says he knew when his spot-kick nestled in the back of the net that United clinch the trophy.

It may not have been so clear-cut for every United fan watching events unfold at the JJB Stadium but Ronny, as usual, took the ever-confident approach.

“The pressure was high, but we believed in ourselves and we deserved to win the title, definitely,” he said.

Some players may have been nervous stepping up to take the spot-kick midway through the first-half. Not Ronaldo.

“I was confident because I felt that if I scored we would win the match. I am very happy to help my team.”

Ronaldo’s 31 league goals in the 34 games played a huge part in delivering United’s 17th league championship crown, but he says praise cannot be heaped on one player.

“This was a team effort and I think we deserved it because we are the best team in the Premier League.”

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com