Sunday, May 04, 2008

Cris strike worth £50k


Betfred boss Fred Done was in seventh heaven when Cristiano Ronaldo netted his 30th league goal of the season against West Ham, even though it cost him £50,000!

At the start of March, lifelong United fan Fred pledged the cash to the Manchester Children's Hospital if the winger managed to reach the landmark, and he is elated that the charity will benefit from Ronaldo's re-writing of the record books.

"I am absolutely delighted that Ronaldo has managed to reach such an amazing landmark, and even more delighted to be paying the £50,000 to the Manchester Children's Hospital," said Fred. "If the money helps just one child and a family then the whole thing has been well worthwhile."

Cristiano was equally delighted to have inadvertantly aided the hospital, through his stunning goalscoring form. "I've got 30 goals and the money goes to the hospital now so I'm very pleased," he told Sky Sports. "It's a wonderful moment for me. My team-mates have helped me a lot."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com