Thursday, February 07, 2008

Nothing to prove

Cristiano Ronaldo has emphasised his ambition to prove himself on the big stage this season with both club and country...

Ronaldo has been in devastating form this season, scoring at a goal a game and imposing himself game after game during Manchester United's strong first half of the season.

Nevertheless, there have been critics of the Portuguese winger; even UEFA president Michel Platini has insisted that to be considered truly 'great' he must prove himself this summer at the European Championships, or on a similarly grand stage.

Ronaldo insisted he is ready for such challenges, declaring: "I want to play at Euro 2008 as well as I have been playing in the Premier League.

"I will be well prepared for the Championships. I believe that with my motivation level things will go well."

"I have been showing in my club and national team my evolution as a player and as a person.

"I am ready for the big challenges. Tomorrow (as Portugal face Italy in a friendly) will be another one.

"I will try to help Portugal and Manchester (United) reach our goals."

Ronaldo insisted that though he was hoping to perform, it was for nobody but himself and his team(s), and not to silence doubters such as Platini.

"I have nothing to prove to anyone," Ronaldo declared.

"A league is played over nine months and it is there where you can evaluate the great players. You cannot do it in short-term competition."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com