Monday, December 24, 2007

Cris double downs Everton....A prefect X'mas gift



Cristiano Ronaldo admitted a win was vital heading into the Christmas programme after his brace gave Manchester United a 2-1 win over Everton.Ronaldo had already seen one brilliant effort equalised by Tim Cahill and it seemed United would have to settle for a draw as Everton held their own.

But when Steven Pienaar brought Ryan Giggs down, Ronaldo nervelessly converted his 16th goal of the season to move the Red Devils back to within a point of leaders Arsenal.

And the Portugal winger told Setanta One: "I think the team played very well.

"In the first half it was not too good but second half I think we played better, created more chances and I think we deserved to win.

"It's important, we've got many games coming up now and it's important always to win. At home you need to win.

"With the next games, there is not too much time to rest, so it was important to win to stay near the top."

Regarding his personal contribution, Ronaldo said: "I'm very happy with Christmas coming up. I think Father Christmas gave me my present early!

"The most important thing is the team. The game was very tough, Everton played very well and created a few bad things for us. I think the lads played very well."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com