Saturday, July 28, 2007

Enjoyable Asian Tour



Cristiano Ronaldo says he thoroughly enjoyed the experience of touring with United throughout the Far East this summer.

The 22-year-old overcame a stubbed toe to come on as a late substitute in the 3-0 win over Guangzhou on Friday - showing off his customary tricks and flicks. As expected, Ronaldo was well-received by fans in Asia but the Portuguese winger says it is the team that commands the greatest following.

"It's a great opportunity to come to Asia," he told MUTV. "Here in Asia you have a lot of support and you see in these games how much everyone enjoys it. For me it's important the fans like us, not just me but all the players. It's important for us because United are so big all over the world and I'm very proud of that."

As with all pre-season tours, the number one priority is gaining fitness and match sharpness. That objective, Ronaldo says, has been achieved.

"It's very good for me. I feel fit and I'm very happy for that. But I must keep my form going. The Premiership starts soon and I must be ready for that. I hope to play well. My ambition is still the same – I want to play well, score goals and provide assists. I tried to do the same last year and I worked hard to do that. I hope things come good for me."

Ronaldo knows all about fellow countryman Nani, who scored his second goal in as many matches against Guangzhou, but he is excited about the prospect of playing alongside Owen Hargreaves, who is suffering from a knee injury, and Brazilian Anderson, who joins the rest of the squad at the start of August.

"We have signed three fantastic players and I hope they never leave," Ronaldo says. "They will be great for the club and the team."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com