Monday, January 25, 2010

RM 2:0 Malaga; Cristiano red row after double hit





Cristiano Ronaldo broke Patrick Mtiliga's nose as he struck him in the face in Real Madrid's 2-0 win over Malaga, earning a red card in the process.

Yet the world's most expensive player insisted that he should not have been sent off, branding the referee's decision "a disgrace".Ronaldo scored both goals for Real Madrid in their 2-0 home win, moving them to within five points of leaders Barcelona.

But he picked up a red card in the 70th minute after swinging his arm behind him and catching Mtiliga in the face as he tried to spin away from the Danish defender's clutches.

"I always want to play and these things anger me. I've spoken to Mtiliga and he said he doesn't believe I should apologise because he doesn't think I hurt him intentionally."

"Those who understand football will see the tackle wasn't worthy of a red card. I was unlucky to hit his nose."


"I never try to trick referees. I never intended to injure the player. I believe they should be fair with what really happened. I didn't want to injure anybody. I'm not that kind of person. I'm not a bad person. I just want to shine while I play football. I'll be angry when I get home because I'm suspended and won't be able to play in the next match."

"People who understand football know that my intention is always to try and play. The red card is a disgrace I don't understand it," Ronaldo said.

"I've been down to the Malaga dressing room to apologise and he understood the situation. I know you saw blood on the TV screens but I was just trying to break free. I never try to hurt anyone."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com