Thursday, February 05, 2009

Happy Birthday Cristiano Ronaldo!

The Portugal winger turns 24 today, but is still hungry for more trophies success with Manchester United.

Despite nursing his way back to full fitness following an ankle injury that was initially expected to keep the Portuguese international sidelined for three months, Cristiano Ronaldo returned in late September.

He is yet to hit top form, but is still one of the most efficient attackers in European football having beaten the goalkeepers of Everton; West Brom; Derby County; Gamba Osaka; Stoke City; Hull City; West Ham United; West Brom; Bolton; and Middlesbrough.

The latest recipient of FIFA's prestigious World Player of the Year award turns 24 today, and despite lifting aloft the Championship League, the Premier League, and the FIFA Club World Cup in the space of a year, the trickster is still desperate for more success with Manchester United.

"I’ve spoken to some experienced players who have a great history in the game and they’ve said, it’s not what you do in one season, it’s staying at the top level, that is the challenge," he informed the club's official website.


"I have to carry on like that. If I don’t perform, I know people will start to criticise me and I don’t want that. I’m an ambitious player and I want to win many, many more things.

Last season's 42-goal phenomenon has been constantly linked with a move to Real Madrid, and the night he was awarded the World's greatest player of 2008, fresh rumours were printed in the Spanish and British press indicating that a coprighting of the term CR9 had been undertaken.

"I feel at home in Manchester," he said, perhaps refuting the notion he was unhappy with life in the North West. "I’ve been here since I was 18. I like living here and my family like to visit. The only bad thing is there are no direct planes from Madeira!

"But my mum and sister like to visit, it’s a nice place, nice people, they’re always good with me, no one gives me any problems. My life is brilliant!" he beamed.

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com