Friday, January 02, 2009

CR Special Exclusive Interview




Cristiano Ronaldo may be adept at avoiding tackles but he didn't dodge anything when MUTV recently asked him about last summer's speculation. The Portuguese winger spoke openly and honestly about the situation, in response to Stewart Gardner's questions:

Very shortly after the Champions League final, there was massive speculation about your future. United fans were clearly concerned and worried about that. Looking back now, can you say what happened?

There’s always speculation, not just about me, but about the future of players all around the world. People were speaking about me this summer but that was normal because of what I did during the season. What people are saying now (the recent speculation about an agreement with Real Madrid) is not true. Who says that is a liar because I am happy at the club, I want to stay here. I feel at home here. I feel very happy here.

Were you at all worried about how the fans might react after seeing all the stories over the summer?

To be honest, no, because I think the people don’t forget quickly what you do for the club. When I arrived at the stadium, to play (my first game of this season) against Villarreal, I felt a little bit of pressure. But the fans were very good and this is why I feel the Manchester United supporters are amazing. I love the fans because they have been brilliant with me, not just this season but every season. Like I said before, I feel at home in Manchester.

Sir Alex went to see you in Lisbon this summer. How important was he and that meeting in the whole process?

The boss is always important for me, not just last season but every season. I am at this club because of him. He saw me in a few games before I played against Manchester United - people think I came here just because I played (well) against United but it’s not true. He’s always helped me and I said to him, “I want to be part of this club with you. I want to win trophies with you.” He’s very important in my career, Sir Alex Ferguson.

You’re only 23, you’ve achieved so much, and yet people say your peak will be at 27, 28 or 29. So what are you ambitions for the future?

Age is not important in football in my opinion. Experience yes, but you gain experience if you play and I have played many games at Manchester United with great players and I’ve won many things. This is why I think age is not important. The most difficult challenge now is to keep the same level as last year’s. This is what I’m trying to do. I feel prepared for that. My ambition is still the same, my character is still the same and I know what I can do.

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com