Friday, August 08, 2008

Cris stay


Cristiano Ronaldo finally pledged his immediate future to Manchester United - but perhaps only for one more season.

In an interview with Portuguese newspaper Publico published today, Ronaldo reveals that although he still wants to play for Real Madrid some time in the future, he will remain a United player for this campaign.

He praises manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who on Monday insisted that Ronaldo would be staying, with the player's words putting an end to the summer's longest -running transfer saga.

Ronaldo said: 'Sir Alex Ferguson heard my reasons, I heard his and we have an agreement that the best for both parties would be if I stay. Therefore, I can confirm that next season I will play in Manchester United.

'For a while, my desire was that Manchester would accept Real Madrid's bid. To say the opposite would be cheating people and my own conscience.'

The news made it a double boost for Ferguson and United, with Wayne Rooney making a faster than expected recovery from the bug he picked up during the pre-season trip to Nigeria. He may be fit for the season's opener at home to Newcastle on Sunday week.

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com