Thursday, March 06, 2008

No English team please



Manchester United picked up a 1-0 home win against Lyon thanks to a Cristiano Ronaldo strike to progress to the quarter-finals 2-1 on aggregate.

With Arsenal having qualified by beating Milan, and Chelsea and Liverpool also on pole position to join them, the chances of them meeting an English team are almost even.

However, that is not something Ronaldo wants just yet.

“I would prefer to play a foreign team [in the quarter-finals]. Then an English team in the semi-finals or the finals, that would be fantastic,” he said.

"The team is more mature, and the big focus is to win the Champions League. But we also want to win the Premier League, and the FA Cup.

"We have the opportunity, we have the players and we have the squad."

He is also the top scorer in the competition along with Lionel Messi, having scored six goals already. Kaka was the star of last season's tournament, something that won him the Ballon d'Or.

“If I am top scorer, that would be wonderful, and if I get the chance, I will look forward to it. But, I am not thinking about that - I am thinking about getting my game,” he concluded.

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com