Monday, August 14, 2006

Rooney : I like Cristiano


Wayne Rooney has called out to fans to lay off Ronaldo.

Cristiano Ronaldo has been made the public enemy number one after he was involved in the sending off of Rooney during the World Cup 2006.

After making peace with Ronaldo, Rooney feels that Ronaldo should not suffer further abuse from the fans. "I would rather he didn't get any stick," said Rooney. "You do not want to see any player get booed.


"Unfortunately, whenever England do not do well in a World Cup or a major tournament, people look for a scapegoat. This year, people turned on Cristiano and tried to make him that. "I am not going to lie, I was disappointed with his involvement in the sending off. But that is in the past now. He was playing for his country, I was playing for mine.

"But I think he is big enough to deal with anything that come his way. You saw that the other night. Cristiano got booed but he still scored two fantastic goals."

"A lot has been said about the wink," said Rooney. "I have spoken to him about that but it had nothing to do with me being sent off." "You do not have to like someone to play with them," said Rooney.

"In the end, even if you don't like them off the pitch you want to play with them and you will fight for them and work 110% because you are on the same pitch if you are in the same team. "But I like Cristiano. We are good friends off the pitch. "There is no problem with him. Now, we are both playing for Manchester United and trying to do our best for them."

Read more...

No comments:

Sand Dollar Template Template - Modified by iMessengr.com